History of Stansted Mountfitchet
Lower Street, Stansted Mountfitchet, 1899
Reproduced courtesy of The Francis Frith Collection.
History of Stansted Mountfitchet >> Stansted Mountfitchet Court Cases
Stansted Mountfitchet Court Cases
Part 2. Back to Part 1
For a full explanation of these court cases and how to further research them, please look at our Essex Court Cases page.
The information is supplied in the following format:
- (d) defendant's name, age and occupation (when given)
- (v) victim's name, age and occupation (when given)
- (w) witness names, age and occupation (when given)
- Place offence committed and places mentioned where the (d), (v) or (w) lived. Some of the defendants may have been from neighbouring parishes not mentioned by name, or itinerant wanderers.
- The court hearing the case.
- The source newspaper or archive reference.
- (d) Samuel Reynolds 25 farm labourer, William Salmon 21 farm labourer
- (v) Frederick Tofts
- Stansted Mountfitchet
- Calendars of prisoners for Essex Quarter Sessions, Essex Assizes and Special Sessions of Gaol Delivery, 1874 Q/SMc 10, page 129 Essex Record Office
Part 2. Back to Part 1
Back to History of Stansted Mountfitchet
Find your Ancestors in the Newspapers
Newspaper archives are now a very important source of information for researching your family tree.
Try our example search to help you discover if your ancestors are in the British Newspaper Archive.
Stansted Mountfitchet - Cary's New and Correct English Atlas, 1798
Stansted Mountfitchet - First Series Ordnance Survey Map 1805
This work is based on data provided through www.VisionofBritain.org.uk and uses historical material which is copyright of the Great Britain Historical GIS Project and the University of Portsmouth. Licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence BY-SA-4.0
NEW Ancestry Gift Membership from £55.99**
This Christmas save 20% on Ancestry Gift Memberships.
An ideal present for someone starting out to discover their family story.
** Offer ends 25/12/2018 Terms apply.
Looking for pictures to add to your family tree album?
Ebay is a good source of old images of Essex towns and villages. If you're looking for pictures to add to your family tree album, then try one of the auctions, or there are several 'Buy It Now' shops offering postcards which have been touched up and improved - so if you're unsure about bidding, try these.
Link below already formatted for Essex and Postcards.