History of Little Chesterford
St Mary the Virgin's Church, Little Chesterford.
© Copyright Mym contributor to the Geograph Project and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
History of Little Chesterford >> Little Chesterford Court Cases
Little Chesterford Court Cases
For a full explanation of these court cases and how to further research them, please look at our Essex Court Cases page.
The information is supplied in the following format:
- (d) defendant's name, age and occupation (when given)
- (v) victim's name, age and occupation (when given)
- (w) witness names, age and occupation (when given)
- Place offence committed and places mentioned where the (d), (v) or (w) lived. Some of the defendants may have been from neighbouring parishes not mentioned by name, or itinerant wanderers.
- The court hearing the case.
- The source newspaper or archive reference.
- (d) John Fordham 55 shepherd, John Burton 47 butcher, Walter bailey 27 dealer
- (v) Charles Burleigh
- Little Chesterford
- Calendars of prisoners for Essex Quarter Sessions, Essex Assizes and Special Sessions of Gaol Delivery, 1874 Q/SMc 10, page 140 Essex Record Office
Back to History of Little Chesterford
Find your Ancestors in the Newspapers
Newspaper archives are now a very important source of information for researching your family tree.
Try our example search to help you discover if your ancestors are in the British Newspaper Archive.
Little Chesterford - Cary's New and Correct English Atlas, 1798
Little Chesterford - First Series Ordnance Survey Map 1805
This work is based on data provided through www.VisionofBritain.org.uk and uses historical material which is copyright of the Great Britain Historical GIS Project and the University of Portsmouth. Licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence BY-SA-4.0
Ancestry.co.uk now has the 1939 Register.
Discover your ancestors at the start of the Second World War. The Register covers England and Wales.
Looking for pictures to add to your family tree album?
Ebay is a good source of old images of Essex towns and villages. If you're looking for pictures to add to your family tree album, then try one of the auctions, or there are several 'Buy It Now' shops offering postcards which have been touched up and improved - so if you're unsure about bidding, try these.
Link below already formatted for Essex and Postcards.