History of Little Bentley
St. Mary the Virgin Church, Little Bentley.
© Copyright Peter Stack contributor to the Geograph Project and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
History of Little Bentley >> Little Bentley Court Cases
Little Bentley Court Cases
For a full explanation of these court cases and how to further research them, please look at our Essex Court Cases page.
The information is supplied in the following format:
- (d) defendant's name, age and occupation (when given)
- (v) victim's name, age and occupation (when given)
- (w) witness names, age and occupation (when given)
- Place offence committed and places mentioned where the (d), (v) or (w) lived. Some of the defendants may have been from neighbouring parishes not mentioned by name, or itinerant wanderers.
- The court hearing the case.
- The source newspaper or archive reference.
- (d) George Jonathan Wood 27 carter, William Charles Ambrose 30 currier, Martin Gilbert 41 corn dealer
- (v) Thomas Girling and Martin Gilbert
- Little Bentley
- Calendars of prisoners for Essex Quarter Sessions, Essex Assizes and Special Sessions of Gaol Delivery, 1860 Q/SMc 9, Essex Record Office
- (d) Ann Clarke 25 hawker, Mary Ann King alias Johnson 32 hawker
- (v) John Page, Ann Cross
- Little Bentley, Frating
- Calendars of prisoners for Essex Quarter Sessions, Essex Assizes and Special Sessions of Gaol Delivery, 1865 Q/SMc 9, Essex Record Office
Back to History of Little Bentley
Find your Ancestors in the Newspapers
Newspaper archives are now a very important source of information for researching your family tree.
Try our example search to help you discover if your ancestors are in the British Newspaper Archive.
Little Bentley - Cary's New and Correct English Atlas, 1798
Little Bentley - First Series Ordnance Survey Map 1805
This work is based on data provided through www.VisionofBritain.org.uk and uses historical material which is copyright of the Great Britain Historical GIS Project and the University of Portsmouth. Licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence BY-SA-4.0
Discount price on DNA Kits
Ancestry.co.uk are offering DNA test kits at the discounted price of £63 (down from £79).
Offer lasts from Monday, February 26th 12:00AM GMT to Sunday, March 11th 10:59 PM GMT
You can buy a kit for yourself or have one delivered to a relative. How about one as an unusual gift for Mother's Day?
Looking for pictures to add to your family tree album?
Ebay is a good source of old images of Essex towns and villages. If you're looking for pictures to add to your family tree album, then try one of the auctions, or there are several 'Buy It Now' shops offering postcards which have been touched up and improved - so if you're unsure about bidding, try these.
Link below already formatted for Essex and Postcards.