History of Blackmore
The Bull PH, Blackmore, c.1955
Reproduced courtesy of The Francis Frith Collection.
History of Blackmore >> Blackmore Court Cases
Blackmore Court Cases
For a full explanation of these court cases and how to further research them, please look at our Essex Court Cases page.
The information is supplied in the following format:
- (d) defendant's name, age and occupation (when given)
- (v) victim's name, age and occupation (when given)
- (w) witness names, age and occupation (when given)
- Place offence committed and places mentioned where the (d), (v) or (w) lived. Some of the defendants may have been from neighbouring parishes not mentioned by name, or itinerant wanderers.
- The court hearing the case.
- The source newspaper.
- (d) John Kendal and William Windley
- Idle and disorderly persons - Poor Law
- Chelmsford Petty Sessions
- Morning Chronicle 2 June 1830
- (d) Frederick Pagrum alias Frederick William Pegram 26 turner
- (v) George Turner and Henry Ward
- Calendars of prisoners for Essex Quarter Sessions, Essex Assizes and Special Sessions of Gaol Delivery, 1860 Q/SMc 9, Essex Record Office
- (d) George Brazier 23 tailor
- (v) George Tylker, Zerubabel Gigney, Robert Amos
- Moulsham (Chelmsford), Blackmore
- Calendars of prisoners for Essex Quarter Sessions, Essex Assizes and Special Sessions of Gaol Delivery, 1869 Q/SMc 9, Essex Record Office
- (d) William Gurton 13
- (v) Richard Thomas Fountain
- Calendars of prisoners for Essex Quarter Sessions, Essex Assizes and Special Sessions of Gaol Delivery, 1874 Q/SMc 10, page 143 Essex Record Office
Back to History of Blackmore
Find your Ancestors in the Newspapers
Newspaper archives are now a very important source of information for researching your family tree.
Try our example search to help you discover if your ancestors are in the British Newspaper Archive.
Blackmore - Cary's New and Correct English Atlas, 1798
Blackmore - First Series Ordnance Survey Map 1805 (map badly damaged)
This work is based on data provided through www.VisionofBritain.org.uk and uses historical material which is copyright of the Great Britain Historical GIS Project and the University of Portsmouth. Licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence BY-SA-4.0
Ancestry.co.uk now has the 1939 Register.
Discover your ancestors at the start of the Second World War. The Register covers England and Wales.
Looking for pictures to add to your family tree album?
Postcard of war memorial, Blackmore.
Ebay is a good source of old images of Essex towns and villages. If you're looking for pictures to add to your family tree album, then try one of the auctions, or there are several 'Buy It Now' shops offering postcards which have been touched up and improved - so if you're unsure about bidding, try these.
Link below already formatted for Essex and Postcards.