History of Aldham
St. Margaret's Church, Aldham
© Copyright Bikeboy contributor to the Geograph Project and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
History of Aldham >> Aldham Court Cases
Aldham Court Cases
For a full explanation of these court cases and how to further research them, please look at our Essex Court Cases page.
The information is supplied in the following format:
- (d) defendant's name, age and occupation (when given)
- (v) victim's name, age and occupation (when given)
- (w) witness names, age and occupation (when given)
- Place offence committed and places mentioned where the (d), (v) or (w) lived. Some of the defendants may have been from neighbouring parishes not mentioned by name, or itinerant wanderers.
- The court hearing the case.
- The source newspaper or archive reference.
- (d) Leonard Lambert 23 labourer, William Hurrell 20 labourer, Elisha Hurrell 24 labourer and William Taylor 25 labourer
- (v) James Miles farmer
- Threats to damage property
- Essex Assizes
- Ipswich Journal 14 December 1844
- (d) William Wass and John Wass
- (v) Samuel Bentley farmer
- (w) Thomas Green miller, William Ward, Alfred Hurrell, John Parmenter labourer, Enoch Bibby harness maker and William Beer farmer
- County Magistrates Office
- Ipswich Journal 14 October 1848
- (d) John Drane
- (v) William Ducks
- Essex Assizes
- Ipswich Journal 13 March 1830
- (d) James Williamson 18 baker, George Perry 18 drover
- (v) George Lithgow, James Moss, Zachariah Cant
- Aldham, Fordham and Copford
- Calendars of prisoners for Essex Quarter Sessions, Essex Assizes and Special Sessions of Gaol Delivery, 1860 Q/SMc 9, Essex Record Office
- (d) Robert Ransome 28 railway goods yard, Jesse Peters 25 railway goods guard, George Northover 49 plate layer
- (v) Great Eastern Railway
- Calendars of prisoners for Essex Quarter Sessions, Essex Assizes and Special Sessions of Gaol Delivery, 1870 Q/SMc 10, page 24 Essex Record Office
Back to History of Aldham
Find your Ancestors in the Newspapers
Newspaper archives are now a very important source of information for researching your family tree.
Try our example search to help you discover if your ancestors are in the British Newspaper Archive.
Aldham - Cary's New and Correct English Atlas, 1798
Aldham - First Series Ordnance Survey Map 1805
This work is based on data provided through www.VisionofBritain.org.uk and uses historical material which is copyright of the Great Britain Historical GIS Project and the University of Portsmouth. Licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence BY-SA-4.0
Looking for pictures to add to your family tree album?
Ebay is a good source of old images of Essex towns and villages. If you're looking for pictures to add to your family tree album, then try one of the auctions, or there are several 'Buy It Now' shops offering postcards which have been touched up and improved - so if you're unsure about bidding, try these.
Link below already formatted for Essex and Postcards.