The Essex Record Office (ERO) has just announced a recent new upload of 22,500 wills to their Essex Ancestors service. You can now view online Wills which were created before c.1720 and now held in the ERO. The remaining Wills from c.1720-1858 are to be uploaded in the near future. Essex Ancestors is a pay to view service, but reasonable day or week rates are available.
The Wills are from the following ecclesiastical courts:
- Archdeaconry of Colchester
- Archdeaconry of Essex
- Archdeaconry of Middlesex (Essex & Herts. Division)
- Bishop of London’s Commissary (Essex & Herts. Division)
- Peculiar of the Deanery of Bocking
- Peculiar of Good Easter
- Peculiar of the Liberty of the Sokens
- Peculiar of Writtle with Roxwell
For more information Wills and your Essex ancestors see our Wills before 1858 page.